Saturday, January 07, 2006

White Christmas!!??

It’s the first time in my life I’m celebrating Christmas in summery sunny weather. It’s quite nice, I must say, to see Christmas trees outside & wear light clothes but what would I do on Christmas eve & Christmas day in the plastic city with all my fellow trainees gone home for their Christmas break & having no one here but the sun & some clubs? No not clubbing abu shreek, I decided to join a fellow German trainee, Sufyan, who was tafran to go back home & decided to go touring the UAE!

Olt yalla touring touring. I don’t have anything better to do especially since Mishmisheh’s mom was visiting Dubai & Firyal was in Germany.
Wain biddo yiroo7 abul shabab? Al biddo yiroo7 “desert tour”!!



A Jordanian girl going on a desert tour in Dubai!
Not just any Jordanian girl…….me! illi bti2raf min khayalha wants to go ride on camels & get her clothes dirty with sand (ay wadi rum o faya3to ma baroo7 3alaih). Il ghorbeh bitzill :S

O ma kazzabt khabar we set off going to the middle of nowhere. We spent the whole day ana o Sufyan il tafran in the beautiful dunes & off-road driving which was really interesting especially when the driver\ tour guide\ advisor\ bargainer looks like this:






How did I trust that man I don’t know!








I pretended to be Lina & took loads of pics of nothing but piles of sand. Sufyan il tafran was fascinated by the camels & the beauty of the desert. Olt khtay balash akoon pooper fa I became fascinated as well & acted like a tourist saying “ohhh” “wow” “ahhh” & being so Japanese & took pictures of the silly camels.

Don’t tell me that isn’t dead funny!!






A night we went to a desert party with loads of food, shisha (argeeleh) & of course a belly dancer. Il 7ilu bil maodoo3 inno nothing is Arabic in this trip; the driver is Iranian, the organizers are German, the cooks are Indian (alla ykhalleelna iyyahom) wil ra22asa il ishta alla ywaffi2ha is Filipino!

What a weird Christmas eve that was!

Christmas day Sufyan il tafran & I went to the beach & spend a lovely day in the sun while talking with all of you guys on the phone in freezing Amman. At night we went to Christmas mass.

This Christmas of 2005 , I won’t forget.

4 comments:

m.ispeer$ said...

dude kteer 7elo it is a beautiful nature wo ba3dain ma3ek ente mesh 3ajbek eshe ;)
wo ba3dain what`s wrong with ur driver\ tour guide\ advisor\ bargainer...hehe sheklo nahfe...
LARA GOING WILD...it sounds so unright ur just a city/indoors girl....bet7ebbe haik???
i know there`s a wild person inside u...let go dude...;)
6ab3an kollo 7ake fade ah wala wild wala bateekh..

moOoh said...

heyyyy! la bs seems like a lot of fun! amma il driver ishi .. MIN IL AKHER -tab kaan 2as shwai min sha3ro o 3imlo a white santa beard ! ya weili! ;s
amma bisharafek mish il camel shabahi? ;p -farshet 3einak shabahek la7alik o kol 7da 2al 2ah .. lol
btw nice pic bil akheer m3 inno mish msad2a innek 2a3deh wast il raml -azon il pic tarkeeb yeah?
;p

Lina said...

isn't pretending to be me so much fun? ;p well at least it gets you to take such wonderful pictures.. I mean, dude, that camel pic is awesome :D and the sand dunes and everything.. it's so beautiful! I like this Sufyan el Tafran.. jad inno bifham ;)

Oh o by the way Lara o5ti ga3deh jambi and says Hi! Hala 3ammi!

wma said...

wahahaha ba3refesh leash kol ma 7ada eyro7 3ala el jumairah beach lazem ye7ki ma3 Amman. zakartini mnee7 be dubai.

ba3den hada el robot nafso eli kan be Gitex exhibition sheklo 3m bewado 3ala kol ma3rad :P